Monday 24 February 2014

A telling off


Alarm clock
Right, today I'm putting on my schoolmaster's hat and sending you to detention, your punishment is to write out a hundred times "I will start to plan my auto-enrolment early enough".

We're now entering the busiest part of 2014 – for me & my team there won't be much free time between now and August. The workload is planned and we know what we have to do to look after our existing clients, but it's the new clients who present us with a problem.

So many employers have simply not left enough time to prepare – two weeks before the February 1st staging date and I was sitting with employers who haven't even started their planning – you might need to implement a new pension scheme, review employee contracts, change your payroll process. Two weeks isn't enough to make any of those changes.

Please do yourself (and your auto-enrolment consultant) a favour – start your planning at least three months before your staging date.
 
Rob Barksfield
Auto-enrolment Consultant


Telephone: +44 (0)20 7893 3972

No comments:

Post a Comment